• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potential loss of Google Drive access
Mike,

I must admit that I'm not sure I understand all of this, but my initial reaction is that I would rather adopt a work around to the Google Drive problem and have you focus your efforts on enhancing the MS App.

I don't know how typical my usage of MS is, but here are the scenarios in which I use a Cloud drive: 

1) I play in a group that distributes all our music digitally via Google Drive.  Right now I use the MS import utility, navigate to the shared Google drive I have been given (via an email link) and import the pieces I need.

If that would cease to work, I would simply download each piece to my tablet and then import them from the local file.  No big deal in my opinion

2) In other groups I am given paper copies of the music I need to play.  I use an app on my phone to scan the paper and turn it into .PDF on my phone.  Then I use "Nearby Share" to send the files to my tablet and do a local import.  So any changes to Google Drive will not affect me in this regard.

3) I do both backups and synchronizations to Dropbox.  If I were instead doing these to Google Drive, I would either switch to another cloud service or I would do my backups and sync's to my local device and manually copy them to Google Drive.   Again, I don't see that as a big problem.

So, while, my use case may be different from others, I would rather work around any Google Drive changes so that you could continue your great work on MS.

Thanks,

-Steve

Messages In This Thread
RE: Potential loss of Google Drive access - by SteveB - 02-02-2024, 06:26 AM