• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Losing saved filters (related with GoogleDrive?)
My saved filters get lost frequently because user_filters.xml is replaced with a newly created empty file of 403 bytes size. Probably it's not an issue of MobileSheets alone but is caused by some kind of interaction between MobileSheets, GoogleDrive Sync and my specific workflow. Alas I cannot reproduce it reliably so I'm asking for advice what I could try or investigate to narrow down the cause.

I use MobileSheets on two Win10 devices, a detachable that I use in tablet mode on stage and a laptop that I use as my usual work PC to edit songs and so on. The MobileSheets version usually is the same, most of the time the latest released version. Song files are in an identical folder structure within the MobileSheets storage location (d:\HerbertsGoogleDrive\_MobileSheets\) which is synchronized between both devices by the GoogleDrive sync program. I use several MobileSheets databases that I switch from time to time and that I copy manually between both devices every now and then. Losing the user filters seems not to be connected neither with switching the database nor with copying a database file.

The issue is not new, it happens for a long time, since many MobileSheets versions. I lived with the workaround to overwrite the empty user_filters.xml  with a correct one from an older backup, but I'm getting more and more annoyed by that issue so I decided to try to get it fixed.

Any idea what I should investigate? What causes MobileSheets to create a new, empty user_filters.xml (d:\HerbertsGoogleDrive\_MobileSheets\user_filters.xml in my case)?
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

Messages In This Thread
Losing saved filters (related with GoogleDrive?) - by itsme - 03-24-2024, 07:40 AM
RE: Losing saved filters - by Zubersoft - 03-25-2024, 05:54 PM