• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chordpro, Transpose and Song Title Formatting
Hi - I use a combination of pdfs, in either lead sheet or piano with vocal line styles, and chordpro files. This is a request for the chordpro songs that can be transposed. 

On many chordpro songs, I switch the key with the transpose button, and I may not do a song in the same key every time. Sometimes for the vocal range of the song, and sometimes to fit with the other songs in a setlist. It's confusing for my song title to show C, then on opening it, I find I have previously set it to D, for example. And in a setlist where I'm playing several songs in the same key and I've adjusted a chordpro file to accomodate that, but the titles in the setlist still show the original.

I would find it very helpful in both the library window and in the setlists, if there could be an extra field showing the current transposed key in addition to the original key of the text file. Then I could tell at a glance, which key a song was transposed at any given moment.

Is it possible to utilize the transpose box as a "field" that could be used in the song title formatting in the library settings? 

So for example, I have my title format set like this: 

%TITLE%  %KEYS:-  ${VALUE}%  %SIGNATURES:-  ${VALUE}%  %TEMPOS:-  ${VALUE}% 

So if there could be a button for "transposed" field, just in the formatting window, it could be included after the key, and could beformatted to show (D) or "D" or tr-D. Obviously, this would apply to only chordpro files and all the other files would just have a blank spot where that would show up.

For example: 
A pdf file might show: How Great Thou Art - C -  - 4/4
And the Chordpro file might show: How Great Thou Art - C - (tr D) - 4/4

I know the other fields are actual fields that can be shown on tabs,sorted, etc. I don't think it would be necessary for this field, but if there's a way for it to show up as a button in the song formatting window would be great. 

Another feature request that might be useful is to have a setting under the three dots, after selecting one's chosen songs, to reset those songs to original key. A popup could say "no chordpro songs were selected" if only pdfs were chosen. Or if I picked, say 4 songs, and only one had been transposed, the popup could say "1 chordpro song was reset to original key"

Messages In This Thread
Chordpro, Transpose and Song Title Formatting - by RoSong - 08-19-2023, 02:14 AM