• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to handle different versions of the same song?
I believe I was the first to request ABC support. ABC certainly would enable you to transpose sheet music on the fly or even switch between a leadsheet, a chord grid or other views using the same source file. I'm quite enthusiastic about the ABC language and the lot of free utilities to use it.

The disadvantage is that you have to learn the syntax (it's not that difficult though) and you would have to prepare your sheets yourself. There are myriads of ABC files for Irish traditional music but sadly very few for Jazz, Pop and contemporary stuff (though it is possible to convert to ABC through MusicXML.

And since there are not too many MSP users requesting ABC support we/I will have to wait til the year after the next at least I guess.

But Mike also has a versioning feature next on his list. With that you can maintain different versions of a sheet under one song entry. You will still need to import you different versions, but the library won't be so cluttered any more and will be better to organize.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to handle different versions of the same song? - by BRX - 10-24-2023, 05:25 AM