• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audio Files and Syncing
(12-13-2023, 06:24 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: Adding support for that is on my list of things to do. I'm not sure if I will ever support not synchronizing PDFs and other files, as that really wouldn't make a lot of sense to me (as so many features are tied to the file and number of pages available), but I can certainly understand why some users might not want to sync audio files given their size. Once I support this, the audio files will be completely ignored during the sync. If a new song is present on one device but not the other, the audio file information would not be present in the song that is created on the other device. Similarly, when synchronizing to the cloud, the database kept in the cloud folder would have no record of the audio file at all.

Mike

Hi Mike, sounds good, but could you add the option to disregard audio files or not?

Our situation:
We have one main library with all songs, but no audio files.
  1. Each 'voice manager' downsyncs from that library to his voice library.
  2. Then he adds voice-specific annotations and voice-specific audio files.
  3. When finished, he upsyncs his voice library to the voice library (so there will be 4: one for every voice).
  4. Now the members can downsync the updated voice libraries, which include 'their' annotations and sound files.

Now I get a problem: as soon as a Voice manager downsyncs from the main library, he loses his voice-audio files (or gets all audio files if they were included in Main).
In your solution (audio files are ignored in sync), the members won't get their audio files, because they are ignored during downsync.

So: what I need:
  1. Being able to switch Off 'sync audio files' when Voice managers downsync from the main library to their voice libraries.
  2. Being able to switch On 'sync audio files' when Voice managers upsync their voice libraries that include audio files.
  3. Being able to switch On 'sync audio files' when members downsync their voice libraries.

Does this make sence?

René

Messages In This Thread
Audio Files and Syncing - by RoSong - 12-12-2023, 12:49 PM
RE: Audio Files and Syncing - by Zubersoft - 12-13-2023, 06:24 PM
RE: Audio Files and Syncing - by rwstout - 02-12-2024, 05:25 AM
RE: Audio Files and Syncing - by RoSong - 12-27-2023, 03:23 AM