• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potential loss of Google Drive access
I want to give users a heads up (and hear feedback) about a potential change that is coming. Google has changed their policies for access to Google Drive, and now requires any app that wants to be able to access a user's files and folders to go through an extensive verification and auditing process. I have started this very time consuming process (which has to be done annually), but some of the requirements are quite ridiculous (such as needing to have code in place to anti-virus scan any file that will be uploaded), so I'm not sure I will be able to complete the process. This means that I will no longer be able to access any Google Drive folder outside of one that is automatically generated just for MobileSheets, rendering the Google Drive integration mostly worthless except for library synchronization. Users will still be able to use Import->System File Browser on Android and iOS to import through the OS file picker, but batch importing will no longer be an option, as I don't believe Google's or Apple's file picker will work for that. The Windows version would have no option for importing through Google Drive, as there is no equivalent OS file picker.

If I'm unable to complete the verification and get approval, I will work on adding some other cloud service options that users have asked for, such as ownCloud, pCloud, Box, etc. I will try to have these added around the same time that Google Drive is taken away, which would be around mid-March. 

While I am not happy about losing Google Drive access, I don't really have much say in the matter. I would like to hear from users their thoughts on this, and whether they would be fine switching to a different cloud service if they are currently using Google Drive.

Thanks,
Mike

Messages In This Thread
Potential loss of Google Drive access - by Zubersoft - 02-01-2024, 08:52 AM