• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sync to cloud not updating all attributes
I just turned on two of the devices, did the updates that were offered (still 3.8.31), synced one of the libraries from the main device to the cloud folder, then from the cloud folder to one of the other devices. I haven't made any changes since the sync described above but on both syncs the dialogue said it was making changes to metadata and the attributes it was making changes to were the ones that had missing data on the files I mentioned. The missing metadata is no longer missing on the target device. I tried on another library and the same thing happened. It seems to have righted itself.

I realise that that makes it sound like the metadata wasn't in place when I did the initial sync but I don't think that can have been the case because I didn't make any changes between importing the msf to the secondary libraries and syncing them to the cloud. The piece update was however a little bit more complicated than in my earlier post. I started by doing a file swap from the overflow menu. I then exported the updated piece and the new piece together in an msf. I then thought that the file swap might have affected the other libraries (i.e. swapped the file for the same piece in the other libraries) so I did a separate export with just the new piece. When I went to the secondary libraries the file swap hadn't affected the piece in those libraries so I either imported the msf with both pieces or just did another file swap. When I'm updating multiple libraries from one library by porting msf's from one library to another, when I go to import the msf to the new library the app says that the file already exists and asks whether I want to use the existing file or create a new one. Usually I use the existing file but for one of the imports I accidentally didn't so for that piece I now have two folders in the data folder - the original one which has both the earlier pdf and the newer one, and a new folder which just has the newer pdf. It's possible that having two folders with three files for one piece might have caused some of that metadata to get dropped. Let me know if you want me to try and replicate it. It would be tricky but I'd be happy to give it a go if you think it's worthwhile. I think I'm going to delete the piece from all libraries and start again. Interested to see whether that removes both folders from the file system but if not then hopefully I'm safe to delete them manually.

I'll let you know if any other new imports lose data while being synced but for now it looks like the app has sorted itself out. Apologies for any time wasted.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sync to cloud not updating all attributes - by Oz Cello - 02-13-2024, 06:14 PM