• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Migrating from ForScore to MobileSheets
Loooong time ForScore user and am migrating to MobileSheets.  I'm involved with a few bands and have all the parts on my iPad for each chart (because someone ends up forgetting a part or losing a chart and not realizing it until we get to the gig) and because I have to be able to switch "chairs" sometimes.  Anyway, I have 18K+ files, three iPads (my primary, a secondary, and an old iPad in case an iPad blows up on me), and syncing my library between iPads was becoming impossible with ForScore: trying to sync to the cloud (iCloud) was timing out (it's not a network, bandwidth, or cloud space issue) so my only mechanism was doing an archive, using iTunes to copy the file to my PC, and then to the second iPad, etc.  That would take a good hour of my time.  I couldn't seem to sync directly to the other iPad.

Ok, that's the back story.  MobileSheets allows me to use my PC as the "base" and just sync to the various iPads.  Great.  But getting the annotations migrated over is a little bit of an issue.  I can do it for each file (upload) but doing multiple files always seems to time out. Also, I have a boatload of charts so trying to remember which ones actually have annotations is a challenge.  There doesn't seem to be a way to search for files with annotations.  If I go into iTunes -> File Sharing -> ForScore, I can see all the charts but if I transfer a file, it's just the original PDF... no annotations.

Has anyone successfully migrated songs from ForScore to MobileSheets while including the annotations (layers) from ForScore without having to do them individually OR know a way to find only those charts with annotations?

Thanks,
  N.

Messages In This Thread
Migrating from ForScore to MobileSheets - by normmacneil - 03-02-2024, 06:56 AM