• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Migrating from ForScore to MobileSheets
Welcome Norm - hopefully some forScore users can provide their experience with their migration. I do have one question about the sync issue with annotations though - normally the sync would just push the annotations from device to the other. I would recommend doing a one-way sync, meaning have your PC as the server with the sync type set to "Update Client".  If you make changes on one of the iPads, you could just sync that back to the PC then, and then sync your PC to the other iPads (whatever works best for you). You could also consider using the cloud, but that will be a little slower in general, and with 18k songs, WiFi would certainly save you a little time. If you can't sync annotations in this manner, I'd like to know more about what issue you are encountering exactly. Or are you saying the problem isn't with the sync, but just with importing the annotated PDFs from forScore? If that is the issue, is there a reason you can't just export every PDF from forScore with annotations included? I'm referring to the Share->Annotated PDF option. Does forScore not offer a way to do this with multiple files at a time?

One of my goals is to provide a way for users to import 4sc and 4sb files, and I will pull out as much information as I can from them (mainly the metadata and PDFs). I don't have any information about the way forScore annotations are stored though, so unless someone knows about that in detail, I wouldn't have a way of converting those to MobileSheets annotations.

Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: Migrating from ForScore to MobileSheets - by Zubersoft - 03-02-2024, 07:58 AM