• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tablet backup and restore not working
Your response is helpful. I now better understand how the app works but there are many confusing issues to resolve. I have never deliberately changed the default copy setting. This may have been changed accidentally and accounts for confused paths and not finding files.

Here is the confusion:
Original location - when restoring to a new tablet what does this mean?

SD card and internal memory - aren't they the same on most tablets?

Removable memory is clear - so I can store everything on a micro sd or usb drive?

Your tool setting called "copy" seems more like storage location or path. I thought it literally meant duplicate?

I personally want a single location for all MS data. Apparently the last copy (path) setting is sticky? So once changed it stays that way?

Now that I better understand the app I see the value of on the fly path options for big docs like Fakebook.

Why not have a global storage option and allow exceptions with warnings that back ups etc may not work if not stored in original location?

The Jelly Bean changes appear to not affect anything when correct path is used. IT DOES ADD 0 TO SD.

I realize that much of this could resolved with the documentation you are working on.

Messages In This Thread
Tablet backup and restore not working - by gman - 08-24-2012, 04:40 PM
RE: Tablet backup and restore not working - by gman - 08-27-2012, 04:13 AM