• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PDF workflow
I have found it more efficient to use the scanner at the library -- it goes MUCH faster than my 3-in-1 at home, and can scan to the edge of the binding. I save each song or piece as a single file (unless they are too long, in which case I limit each file to about 30 pages).
I scan to a thumb drive, carry it home, and on my Mac I rename each file to its title, and copy them to my NewScans directory on the hard drive.
I then combine multiple sub-files using Preview.
I go through each file with Preview, checking for too much junk around the edges, and cropping it away when necessary.
I also look for repeats, and deal with them by duplicating pages and then drawing white rectangles over music to be skipped (using Preview).
I batch import NewScans into MobileSheets, on each of my Tablets (the companion app runs in a virtual machine running Windows). The only meta-data I use is genre (plus title).
I move the files from NewScans into a directory called MusicDisplay -- it contains all the music on my tablets. It is on my Dropbox for safety and sharing.

Messages In This Thread
PDF workflow - by GuitarPlayer - 12-17-2014, 11:18 AM
RE: PDF workflow - by maintech - 01-20-2015, 04:31 AM
RE: PDF workflow - by jeffn1 - 01-25-2015, 07:22 AM
RE: PDF workflow - by tjrob - 02-23-2015, 07:23 AM