• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding pages to get rid of repeats etc
For editing and re-arranging the music I use Microsoft Word for Mac, on my Mac. I use the MobileSheets companion on a virtual machine.

I accompany several choruses, but am not very good at playing 4 (or 8) staves. So I play the choral parts into Finale in a grand staff, making sure to keep the same measures per staff, and the same key and time signatures; I then print it to PDF. I then Use MS word setup with legal paper, and 0" margins on top, left, and bottom, and 0.1" margin on the right (so I can click to the right of an image).

I then display the two PDFs, one from Finale and one the original score. Make them bigger (to avoid pixelization in the result). I sweep out a staff from Finale, take a screen shot to clipboard (Cmd-Shift-Ctl-4) and paste in MS word. I then sweep out the appropriate staff in the original and do the same, repeating for each staff on the page. At the end of the page, I click on the lower right (just to the right of the picture), and type enough returns to go to the next page in MS Word. Sometimes I need to adjust the vertical heights of the images to make them fit well.

The result is a grand staff with the choral parts above each staff of the original, which includes the choral parts and the accompaniment. The page numbers are kept the same for navigating during rehearsal. On my tablet (Hannspree 13.3") the legal paper fits OK.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Adding pages to get rid of repeats etc - by tjrob - 04-20-2015, 03:14 PM