• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recent updates to MS Pro - can't detect USB connection?
That is all incorrect - it has nothing to do with our applications not being able to work with os upgrades. I'm using the common method for connecting through USB that Google provides: http://developer.android.com/reference/a...nager.html

I just call requestPermission with the intent generated by connecting the USB device. I'm sure AudioPlayer is doing the same thing. It's what you have to do to get permission to communicate with the connected device over USB. Nothing should have changed with this as a result of updating to 5.1.1. My Nexus 10 is running 5.1.1 and it connects to devices over MIDI just fine. That points to Samsung as being the one at fault here with the custom changes they have made to the operating system (and this is not the first time they have created this kind of problem).

If that person would like more examples of problems they have caused, not only for users but Google themselves (they made Google refactor code that they shouldn't have been using in the first place), I can gladly provide them. OS upgrades are never guaranteed to make "applications and functions better to use".

Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: Recent updates to MS Pro - can't detect USB connection? - by Zubersoft - 11-25-2015, 02:55 PM