• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
batch import inconsistency -- 15 of 22 songs failed
I just finished editing 22 new PDF files, and tried to import them into MobileSheets Pro version 1.3.8.

7 of the 22 songs were imported correctly.  The other 15 failed to import, but the error message didn't say why, only that the import failed.

I've had songs fail to import in the past, but only because there were illegal characters in the filename (that is, characters which are valid on Linux, but not necessarily in Android).

That's not the case this time; here's a complete list of the files which failed:

   169 I Got It Bad.pdf
   170 Sweet Child O' Mine.pdf
   172 Perhaps Love.pdf
   173 Irish Tune from County Derry.pdf
   174 Witch Doctor.pdf
   175 Bohemian Rhapsody.pdf
   176 Jesus Comfort Me.pdf
   177 Happy Birthday.pdf
   178 String Quartet in F Major.pdf
   183 Kaze.pdf
   184 Hanging Tree.pdf
   185 Something Jazzy.pdf
   186 Bare Necessities.pdf
   187 Gold aus Ophir ist zu schlecht.pdf
   188 The Muppet Show Theme.pdf

The files which were imported successfully are

   171 The Wounded Cupid.pdf
   179 The Maid Who Sold Her Barley.pdf
   180 Sax medley.pdf
   181 Blackhorn.pdf
   182 Kurimedo.pdf
   189 Princess Leia's Theme.pdf
   190 Siciliano (WIP).pdf

My workflow for the import was exactly the same as it's been since the introduction of MobileSheets Pro.  I noticed that the release notes for 1.3.7 mention that inferring metadata from file paths is now supported again, but the release notes don't say how to use this feature and so I didn't try.

I'm open to the suggestion that there's something wrong with the failed PDF files, but offhand I can't guess what that might be; all 22 of the files I tried were produced the same way, using the same Linux tools I always use.

Messages In This Thread
batch import inconsistency -- 15 of 22 songs failed - by smw - 03-01-2016, 03:32 PM

Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

  Theme © 2014 iAndrew  
Powered By MyBB, © 2002-2024 MyBB Group.