• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tablet mode vs. Desktop mode
Apparently I can detect if "Touch mode" is enabled versus "mouse mode", which appears to translate to tablet mode being on versus off. So in theory I could start introducing features for this. To handle what you are describing, I would basically have to force an application restart if the tablet mode changes in order to process a completely different list of settings files. I also doubt most users would expect to have to set all of their settings differently for tablet mode versus pc mode, so this introduces some potential usability issues (or I would have to make this feature optional). I have to be very careful about making the settings files incompatible with Android though for people that want to share settings that way. So I can't modify the existing format... this would also mean that if you are creating a backup file, you would have to think about which set of settings files you want to include in the backup file for android. I wouldn't be able to store both sets of settings files and still be compatible with Android.

I think a better approach may be to significantly limit the scope of which things can be set independently for tablet mode. If I only support having like five different settings be different between the modes, I can handle those differently on Windows than Android. There would still be some minor compatibility issues between and Android and Windows though if the settings are restored from a backup (as those settings files wouldn't have the different tablet mode information).

Messages In This Thread
Tablet mode vs. Desktop mode - by NeoCZ - 01-17-2017, 08:21 AM
RE: Tablet mode vs. Desktop mode - by Zubersoft - 01-17-2017, 12:25 PM
RE: Tablet mode vs. Desktop mode - by NeoCZ - 01-17-2017, 04:31 PM
RE: Tablet mode vs. Desktop mode - by domgi - 01-17-2017, 09:56 PM