• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ChordPro: "Keys" defaulting to C is wrong
Sorry if I was not clear enough. In this thread I'm only talking about filling the meta tag "Keys" when a ChordPro file is imported using "Import - Local File". It's not about the "Starting Key" for transposing.

To import a new ChordPro file I click "Import - Local File" and select the file. The dialog "Import Settings" is displayed.
If I specify "Keys:" - OK, we're done.
If "Keys:" is not specified in "Import Settings" MSP tries to detect the key from the file's content and writes it into "Keys". That's helpful and convenient.
If "Detect Key By" is successful its result is used - OK, fine.
If a "{key:}" tag is found, its content overwrites the result of "Detect Key By" and is used instead - OK, exactly as expected.

What I meant with "without any hint for a key" is the case when the file neither contains a "{key:}" tag nor a "[ ]" chord at all.
In that case the meta tag "Keys" should remain empty and NOT default to "C".

Not an important bug, really.
But I regularly import files containing just lyrics without chords and need to keep the information "key not specified (yet)"
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

Messages In This Thread
RE: ChordPro: "Keys" defaulting to C is wrong - by itsme - 02-10-2017, 04:26 PM