• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wifi connection issues with BT Home Hub 5
I have a dual band BT Home Hub 5
By default, this comes configured with both the 2.4 and 5 Ghz speeds having the same SSID name and, as recommended on the web, I have given these separate names.
My new Win 10 pc, tends to connect on the 2.4 Ghz whereas my tablet connects by default on the 5 Ghz.

Scenario 1  PC using 2.4, tablet using 5
Pressing "sync to PC" displays the connection window on the pc but it won't connect.
Using a manual connect also does not work.

Scenario 2  PC using 2.4, tablet using 2.4
Pressing "sync to PC" displays the connection window on the pc and connects as expected

Scenario 3  PC using 5, tablet using 2.4
The connection window doesn't pop up; but can use "Manual Wifi connect" on the pc

Scenario 4 PC using 5, tablet using 5
The connection window doesn't pop up; but can use "Manual Wifi connect" on the pc.

I suspect this is a Home Hub 5 issue (and may not apply to the newer HH6), rather than anything Mike can fix.

So, if you have a HH5 and can't get the connection to work, make sure that the devices are using the same SSID and/or try the manual connect.
Note: if you are using the default configuration with a single SSID for both speeds, you could find that you aren't connecting to the same speed each time!

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6

Messages In This Thread
Wifi connection issues with BT Home Hub 5 - by Geoff Bacon - 01-27-2018, 09:08 PM