• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How to organize my music - newbie to Android and MobileSheets
Okay, I now adapt to the general idea of putting snippets into a database, relating to the same basic PDF files that are stored without changes in the file system. And the "return path" begins to get organized (in my brain, at least Blush ) by exporting annotated PDFs back again to my main comp. The main objective of not relying completely on pure PDF is the missing internal structure of this file format, compared to e.g. MuseScore files, or MXL formats etc. I do not want to drop this feature for reasons like practising playing with the computer, with varying instrumentation, varying speeds, varying phrasing, etc.

As I typically want to re-integrate annotations (w/r/to phrasing, changing speeds etc.) in the original internally structured file formats (typically by MuseScore) to get clean sheets after discussing and coming to terms with my fellow musicians once again, I am still searching for a viable way to get some sensible loop between main comp and tablet, including the removal of reworked PDFs and respective replacements of hand-annotated files by the cleaned-up ones. And here I am a bit clueless: What would be the most efficient way to get rid of the old files on the tablet with their annotations and replacing them with the same set of categorizations, just leaving out the annotations?

Related to this problem set, but better addressed as a separate issue, is the administration of the snippets themselves. In order not to confuse this thread I'll create another one dedicated to that topic.

Cheers,
Petra
Playing classical music on a wind controller hobby-wise - and tired of carrying around tons of paper sheets.  Wink

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to organize my music - newbie to Android and MobileSheets - by Petra-Kathi - 06-20-2019, 11:25 PM