• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Importing folders as songs
It depends what you mean. If you want to MobileSheets just to use your files and folders as is, that can be done. You'll need to go to Settings->Storage->Set MobileSheets Storage Location and specify the root folder containing all of your song folders. Then you can use Batch Import and MobileSheets will just pull in all of the files and folders without moving them.  If what you are asking is if you can view your songs using your folder structures in MobileSheets, the answer is no. The application is not designed around folders. Heirarchies like that, while they can provide an extreme level of organization, are slow to access and navigate. In most cases, you can find exactly what you are looking for with a couple of taps or with a short search term in MobileSheetsPro. You do need to name your songs appropriately to make them easy to find. If you want to use Import->Batch Import, you can't have multiple PDFs combined in one song, but you can add multiple songs to one setlist. If you want to add multiple PDFs to one song, you'd have to create each song one by one by tapping the "New" button on the library screen and then adding each individual PDF in the song editor.  I have discussed in other parts of the forum a planned feature called song versioning where you can have multiple versions of one song that you could switch between and each version could use a different file. You'd still run into the same problem with that though - you would need to create each version separately, so I'm not sure if that buys you a lot...

As far as pulling in audio files, you can enable Settings->Import Settings->Automatically Add Matching Audio, but this only works if the mp3 has the same name as the PDF and they are in the same folder.

If there is enough feedback from users that they would like a batch import feature similar to what you are describing, where MobileSheetsPro basically creates one song per subdirectory that contains files, I could certainly look into adding that, but I'm not sure how much value that would provide for most users.

Mike

Messages In This Thread
Importing folders as songs - by Waldbaer - 01-19-2019, 07:11 AM
RE: Importing folders as songs - by Zubersoft - 01-26-2019, 08:04 AM
RE: Importing folders as songs - by Waldbaer - 01-26-2019, 08:50 AM
RE: Importing folders as songs - by Zubersoft - 01-26-2019, 09:49 AM
RE: Importing folders as songs - by Zubersoft - 01-09-2020, 04:01 PM
RE: Importing folders as songs - by BRX - 01-09-2020, 07:23 PM