• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some feature requests and ideas
Dear Mike,

Thank you for your detailed response. I apologise if I was a bit rude in my previous post—I admit I was a bit miffed when I noticed that you did respond to other posts but not mine. I see now that responding to my post was probably quite a bit of work in itself!

Sounds like the annotation rework will be worth waiting for!  As for some of your responses:

1. Great, looking forward to that!
4. I agree that the approach you describe is probably the way to go and should work fine. Different scores load fast enough on modern tablets to warrant not loading them into memory, I think.
5. I see. Well, glad I could at least pitch this idea to you!
6. It might be useful to add a touch function for the metronome, if just to have the option. Great if you could add a more minimal view at some point!
7. I did not realise 3-finger gestures are not supported by Android! Yes, I imagine having to hack those together is quite a hassle. I have dabbled in programming a bit myself and I realise how troublesome this could be. Unfortunately my tablet doesn't support a smart pen (in retrospect I should have bought one that does...), but I didn't know about the two-finger tap, so I'll try that out! Perhaps in due time some sort of tutorial would be a good way to alert users to these features, though I realise that's again quite a bit of work to produce! 3-finger panning would still be ideal, but the 2-finger tap might be the next best thing.
8. Of course, just glad to be able to alert you to the demand for it.
10. I see! Well, the song vs. score thing is mostly semantics anyway, so I agree it's probably not worth the hassle. Offering some presets for tabs could already be enough, I think, to make the app a little bit more classical-friendly.

I completely understand that my requests are many and sometimes big in scope, and I definitely don't expect you to add them quickly or even at all, I just meant to give you some feedback from the perspective of a classical musician to show you one of the ways in which your app is being used. You're doing a great job so far and Mobilesheets is definitely the best score reading app on the Android market at the moment!

Messages In This Thread
Some feature requests and ideas - by STEELBAS - 03-20-2019, 09:04 AM
RE: Some feature requests and ideas - by STEELBAS - 04-06-2019, 05:37 AM
RE: Some feature requests and ideas - by STEELBAS - 04-11-2019, 10:15 AM
RE: Some feature requests and ideas - by itsme - 04-11-2019, 06:56 PM