• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Large import breaks library
Hi.

I am trying to add a folder of about 10,000 tunes to MSP to my Android tablet using the Companion and Batch Import.

Once I am done, none of the imported files work - the loading symbol keeps rotating.
I can click EDIT and get meta data, but as soon as I check the file, it again just spins.

I made two attempts - first, I took the entire folder and ran it through Companion Batch Import, and I ran into the issue I mentioned.
So I deleted all 10,000 tunes again (I had imported them with a specific Collection, so I selected all Collection songs and deleted).

I just finished doing this again, but one letter at a time (i.e. all tunes starting with A, then B, etc.). So I still have the 10,000 tunes in my library.

And now I cannot open any of them.

Worse, my original files no longer open, either.

I have closed and force closed MSP twice.

Some files have special characters in the file name, e.g. an apostrophe, and a few even start with an apostrophe.

While I only had the files starting with A (and "Apostrophe-A") in there, they opened fine.

Another thing I did that might have broken something:
I selected all 10,000 tunes and hit SHARE to create a file for Google Drive.

Each time I have done this, it stops at some point and no longer moves, and I cancel, and after that I cannot access the files as described.

I don't know which part causes the issue.

Any ideas?

And any ideas on how to get these files into my library and into an exported MSF file for Google Drive?

I guess in the meantime I'll try deleting them all and importing them again to see if I can reproduce exactly when they stop working.

Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
Large import breaks library - by semmelbroesel - 08-01-2019, 05:00 AM
RE: Large import breaks library - by Zubersoft - 08-01-2019, 05:49 AM
RE: Large import breaks library - by Zubersoft - 08-03-2019, 04:26 PM
RE: Large import breaks library - by Zubersoft - 08-04-2019, 07:00 AM
RE: Large import breaks library - by Zubersoft - 08-04-2019, 08:11 AM
RE: Large import breaks library - by Zubersoft - 08-05-2019, 03:59 AM