• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vertical Scrolling with short last page
Thank you for the file. This is an incredibly complex issue. You are using very small pages that are, in some cases, only around 10-15% of the screen height. Your combination of settings creates scenarios where it's difficult for MobileSheets to know exactly what settings it should be using. While it seems obvious from a user perspective that if you skip back to song 3 (Our God), that the scroll settings should be used for that song, it is not that simple. The way the automatic scrolling works, if you use the vertical scrolling display mode, it always uses the song shown at the top of the screen. This is the correct behavior, because that song needs to be scrolled off the screen with "Our God" being aligned to the top before "Our God" is scrolled. Otherwise major issues can happen in various scenarios with very small pages (like the ones you are using). The current behavior was the result of many iterations with users to find a solution that works across different scenarios. With the bottom page alignment, skipping between songs is going to bottom align those songs, because you are forcing that song into view, which resets the layout, so it forces the page to be bottom aligned. 

So this is not something I can easily address without creating problems in other scenarios. I'm not going to touch the automatic scrolling behavior, because users have fine tuned it with their settings and I don't want to create any problems with that. So you have a few options to solve this:

1) Use top page alignment
2) Uncheck Settings->Library Settings->Always Load Whole Setlist so that each song is loaded in isolation, and tap the first song in the setlist to load just that one. The "Go to Next Song" and "Go to previous song" actions will still work.  If you enable Settings->Library Settings->Automatically Load Next Song, then the next up song bar will also work even with each song loaded in isolation. This approach also is good because the first page of each song will be top aligned, and it sounds like that's what you want.

I'm thinking option #2 will be best for you.

Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: Vertical Scrolling with short last page - by Zubersoft - 03-26-2024, 05:07 AM