• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PDF Bookmark creation
(03-06-2020, 07:07 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: It sounds like what you want is for the CSV import to update the source PDF with bookmarks corresponding with what is in the CSV. MobileSheetsPro will certainly not do that, and I think most users wouldn't expect that to happen. That's really outside the scope of what that feature is intended for. The CSV import won't create bookmarks of any kind - only importing a PDF normally (with the setting I mentioned enabled) would. If you imported a single PDF, added MobileSheets bookmarks, then exported that song, the PDF that was generated would contain those bookmarks. 

Mike
Perhaps I've missed an essential point. I've been assuming that MobileSheets bookmarks are created as part of the CSV Import, even when the inputted PDF lacks any PDF bookmarks. If so, then all I'm really asking for is to have MobileSheets do on the way in what it's happy to do on the way out: create PDF bookmarks in the actual PDF that are usable in or out of MobileSheets. That would avoid the "round-Robin" approach you outlined: 
(1) import non-bookmarked PDF using a CSV file; 
(2) Export the songs you just imported, generating a PDF with PDF bookmarks created from the MobileSheets bookmarks; 
(3) swap that new PDF back into MobileSheets to replace the original one that has no PDF bookmarks. 

I'll grant you that creating 
PDF bookmarks in the user's PDF is not the prime purpose of the program, but sometimes programs crash or whatever, and it would be nice to have the PDF itself be able to be viewed in any PDF viewer with accessible bookmarks. The CSV would contain all the information needed for PDF bookmark creation (again, I'm assuming that CSV info is what creates the MobileSheets bookmarks, which may be the source of my confusion), so I'm just trying to save a step. Whether file permissions or the like would require that you leave alone the user's PDF and offer to create a new bookmark-stuffed one instead is immaterial to me--I'd probably just swap it back in immediately and delete my original to save space.

If I'm obviously making erroneous assumptions, please correct me. Thanks for tolerating all my newbie questions with good cheer.

- Kevin

Messages In This Thread
PDF Bookmark creation - by KHS - 03-05-2020, 05:46 AM
RE: PDF Bookmark creation - by Zubersoft - 03-05-2020, 02:08 PM
RE: PDF Bookmark creation - by KHS - 03-06-2020, 11:50 AM
RE: PDF Bookmark creation - by Zubersoft - 03-06-2020, 07:07 PM
RE: PDF Bookmark creation - by KHS - 03-07-2020, 05:09 AM
RE: PDF Bookmark creation - by itsme - 03-06-2020, 10:08 PM
RE: PDF Bookmark creation - by KHS - 03-07-2020, 05:20 AM
RE: PDF Bookmark creation - by Zubersoft - 03-07-2020, 05:10 AM
RE: PDF Bookmark creation - by KHS - 03-07-2020, 05:17 AM
RE: PDF Bookmark creation - by Zubersoft - 03-07-2020, 05:28 AM