• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MuseScore or other Sheetmusic Writing Software support
Hi Scherzo. I have used and like MuseScore and initially was thinking an implementation in MSP would be feasible. But as you say, it's probably too complicated and even for just displaying and transposing the score too much effort.

That said, for my purposes I have switched to using ABC a lot. I mostly use and need leadsheets and I probably can (pompously assuming) write a leadsheet faster in ABC than you in MuseScore with rendered results which (admittedly can't compete with all the formating a graphic backends like MuseScore, Sibelius, Finale can accomplish, but still) are IMO quite spectacular. 

A while back I elaborated on some aspects of ABC and MusicXML and how this could be used in MSP as a kind of "ChordPro for SheetMusic".

https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...p?tid=4906

(Right now I don't think anymore Mike should go with the proposed SVG support but better use just the browser engine of the system in a window within MSP to use its rendering capacities for xhtml provided by the Javascript code for abc2svg and the mxml conversing code. But maybe Mike has better methods in mind)

(And I still think that it would be a major additional selling point for the launch of the iOS version if there would be an ABC/MXML support already in MSP, as far as I it would be the first sheet viewing program to have that)

And regarding keeping your files in sync. I have a similar situation I solved by putting *all* my files I use and edit including ABC files, MuseScore files, BIAB files and so on in the MSP data folder. And I sync the whole folder with all my Win10 PCs, my Surface tablet and my Android tablet. If I edit or replace a file in one folder it will be synced immediately with all the others. I'm doing the same with the MSP database, so changes there will be shown in the other installed versions, too.

There are several applications for such syncing. I'm going with Resilio Sync and am very happy how it works.

Messages In This Thread
RE: MuseScore or other Sheetmusic Writing Software support - by BRX - 06-24-2020, 02:10 AM