• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Couple of small bugs and a feature request
Hi Mike. There are a couple of very minor issues I've noticed while using the app. Just small things that don't seem quite right. I totally understand if you don't think they're worth changing but thought I'd mention them.

The device name (as opposed to the name assigned through the OS bluetooth settings or the name assigned in the follower settings) is shown when a sync is being done between devices - the server just gives the name of the client device as 'Onyx Max' rather than saying which tablet it's connected to. If that could be changed to show the assigned name then that would be useful.

When I'm doing a sync between devices it fails occasionally. That's fine but when it does fail it sometimes says that the sync was successful. Only one of the two tablets seems to be aware that the sync has failed and often the other one will say that the sync was successful. Might be difficult to force a sync to fail to investigate it though. Again, not a big problem, as long as I check both tablets after the sync to make sure it worked.

I recently changed one of the tablets' display settings so that the page is aligned to the centre of the screen rather than the top. That works well when the the page takes up most of the screen but if there is more than a cm or so of space above and below it then when I touch the right side of the screen to advance a page, instead of going to the next page it first moves the page to the top of the screen and I then have to touch the right side again to get it to move to the next page. It only seems to do this when I have the display mode set to vertical scrolling - when it's set to 'single page' with the page aligned to the centre of the screen it does what you'd expect and goes straight to the next page. It also only happens when the piece is a single page - when it's more than one page the first page goes to the top of the screen and the second page is loaded below it and that's great.

When display mode is set to vertical scrolling and I have a multi-page piece loaded up, if I touch the right side of the page it moves the current page completely off the screen and brings the top of the next page to the top of the screen. That's exactly how I'd want it to work. That changes if I have the overlay on though. With the overlay on if I touch the right side of the screen it advances about two-thirds of a page. If I skip out of the overlay while the top of the screen is part of the way through a page then tapping the right side of the screen still brings the top of the next page to the top of the screen so that's all good, but it seems like it might make more sense for the behaviour to be the same when the overlay is active.

I always use the app in full screen but when I change libraries the page for that seems to force the app out of full screen. It goes back to full screen when I exit the page.

All minor stuff. The app is exactly what I need and I'm very happy with it. Thanks. Guy

Messages In This Thread
RE: Couple of small bugs and a feature request - by Oz Cello - 10-14-2021, 05:49 PM