• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Couple of small bugs and a feature request
Thanks for explaining the page turn algorithm. You're right that the partial page turns happen when the overlay hides part of the page - totally makes sense as a way of ensuring that you don't miss some of the music. I don't think I would use an 'always turn a full page' setting - I use 'fit screen' as the default scaling mode which means that as long as the overlay is hidden a full page is always shown.

That does make me wonder why the overlay works the way it does though. It takes up space at the top and bottom of the screen. The page scaling takes account of the space at the top - the top of the page starts at the bottom of the upper overlay rather than being hidden by it. It doesn't take account of the lower part of the overlay though which does end up hiding some of the page. Might it make more sense if when the overlay is shown the display area of the screen becomes the space in between the overlays rather than the space between the bottom of the upper overlay and the bottom of the screen or is that not possible? It would be nice if 'fit screen' scaling could work with the overlay shown as well as when it's hidden.

Also, if the goal is to avoid a situation where music doesn't get shown then it doesn't totally work. With a single page piece that fills to the top and bottom of the screen in 'fit screen' scaling mode with the overlay hidden, when I turn on the overlay it hides some of the bottom of the page and then when I touch the right side of the screen it advances the page a little but not enough to see music right at the bottom of the page, then when I touch the right side of the screen again it moves to the next page - the bit of music at the bottom of the page is never seen. If 'fit screen' scaling fit the page to the area between the two overlay areas then that problem would be avoided.

Thanks for adding the other issues to your bug tracking.

One other thing I wanted to mention was the 'pause setlist for piece' feature. I have one of the touch areas set up to return to library. If I pause the setlist for a piece and then touch the area to return to the library it goes back to the point in the setlist that I left off from (rather than going back to the library). I'm not sure if it's meant to work that way and I don't think it's mentioned in the manual but it's very useful for me because it means I can return to the setlist from the screen without having to bring up the overlay. If that is a bug then please keep it. Ideally I'd like to be able to return to the setlist using a pedal action - is there a way of doing that? It doesn't seem to work with the pedal actions I have set up at the moment. Also, is there any way of changing the filters that are available in the pause setlist dialogue? At the moment I can filter by collection, source, and key (as well as search field and alphabet list) but I don't use the source or key fields at all so it would be more useful to me to have other options there such as album, artist, or composer to filter from.

I'm looking forward to the active library label on the sync screen - it'll save me from accidentally overwriting the parts for one instrument with the parts for another.

Thanks, Guy

Messages In This Thread
RE: Couple of small bugs and a feature request - by Oz Cello - 01-31-2022, 11:39 AM