• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
map 1 audio file to 2 different sheet files
(06-08-2021, 04:45 AM)McAroni Wrote: Ok i do not import the Audio Files into the Database. My Audio Files are stored at one folder on my sd card. I always point to the Files at the folder and with this i could connect multiple sheet Files with one Audio file. But i think the size overall size will be the same no matter where the Audio Files are stored. At one folder or at the Database.

On closer look, keeping the audio files outside of the MobileSheets Database, in a separate subdirectory (-structure), seems to have some advantages.
On one hand, for my special situation, with multiple sheet files using the same audio file.
On the other hand, of course, for the backup.

But:
In the Windows version of MobileSheets, there is no possibility in "Settings" - "Storage" to keep the audio files outside of the MobileSheets database.
This exists only in the Android version.
So I don't see a chance to keep the audio files on a separate subdir and point from multiple sheets to the same "external" audio file.

One of those nitty gritty differences between the operating system specific versions of MobileSheets.

Maybe I need to change from "one subdir per song" to "all songs in a single subdir" mode, which I don't really like.

Best regards
Andreas
---------------------------------
MS Surface Pro7, Win10;  Samsung 10" tablet, Android;   MouKey foot pedal

Messages In This Thread
RE: map 1 audio file to 2 different sheet files - by a.mik - 06-08-2021, 05:26 AM