• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing columns other than Title
Hi Mike,

Reading a few threads here I get the impression that you are the developer of this software. Correct  me if I'm wrong.

I have found and explored the two tips you gave. I now see the composer in all lists, thank you.

I am a chemist, not a software developer. Nevertheless, I have built a few Joomla and Wordpress websites, and way before that a HTML site using Notepad as the only tool. I used Clipper building a database application for my collection of abt 9000 Composers data. Due to bad back-up habits I lost it,  and I miss it. I hardly remember how I managed to have a job as well...

I can see that you have done a lot to have the lists look like a formatted text file (Title and subtitle in different point size). That is very well readable, but not necessarily well searchable by browsing. Putting everything on one line, there is no field separator but a space, with the same undesirable effect. So I now see e.g,

Gloria seir Dir gesungen Bach, Johann Sebastian

in which Bach looks to be part of the Title, and it is unclear what part of Johann Sebastian is his Given name, and what his Family name.
I'll try to add a photo of a screen to illustrate the chaotic impression such a list gives.

[Image: Qe33YT7pspUGukQ9A]

I ask myself: why not present the data as a table with straight columns that can be sorted on a column of choice.
I simply do not understand that.

I want to end with a positive note: This application is by far the best I have seen among choir singers. To use this software, I replaced my old 8 ''  tablet with an 11 '' one . Because of my eyes I would have prefered a 30x20 cm screen, but they are unaffordable.

I have hardly explored the annotation possibilities. When I see something that could be improved, I'll be back here.
Leo

Lenovo Tab P11
MS pro V 3.6.9
Companion V V 3.1.8 on Windows 10

Messages In This Thread
Missing columns other than Title - by LtB - 07-12-2021, 07:02 AM
RE: Missing columns other than Title - by LtB - 07-12-2021, 09:28 PM
RE: Missing columns other than Title - by BRX - 07-13-2021, 01:47 AM
RE: Missing columns other than Title - by LtB - 07-13-2021, 03:28 AM
RE: Missing columns other than Title - by BRX - 07-13-2021, 05:20 AM
RE: Missing columns other than Title - by LtB - 07-14-2021, 07:26 AM