• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing columns other than Title
My two penny worth

I think the current system with filters work fine, especially as one can set the filter search to be "All Fields"; this should allow you to quickly find a song based on anything you know about it e.g. composer, word in title,  tempo etc i.e. anything you can see when you "Edit" the song data.
This is very versatile because the three characters Mike mentioned don't have to at the start of the field

In your post, you indicate that you made a "Set List" of songs. This is really for playing songs in a predetermined order e.g. at a gig.
While this can work, it sounds to me that these would have been better placed in a collection with an A-Z sort.
Coupled with a Filter for "All Fields", this should enable you to easily find the song you want.
Note: I'm taking your post at face value i.e. it was a set list that you created and that you didn't create a collection but inadvertently called it a set list.

You can create a collection from your set list as follows:
1) Long press one of the songs until a check box is shown against it
2) Select all of the songs by pressing the open square box  (bottom right of screen)
3) Press the three vertical dots on top line and select "Create Collection from Songs"

When you want to create a set list for a gig:-
1) Open the collection
2) Long press the first song for the event so that it's checkbox is ticked.
3) Check each of the other songs, ideally in the order that you want to play them (less work later)
4) three dots, create "Set List from Songs"
5) When choosing a name for the setlist, I use the format "Venue yyyy-mm-dd" e.g. "Avon 2020-09-30". This allows me to keep old versions of the setlists as a reference (useful, if you play at the venue more than once). Actually, for a pending gig, I precede the name with a leading space e.g. " Avon 2020-09-30" - this means that it appears at the top of the list of set lists. After the event, I remove the leading space so that the list is then stored alphabetically and in date order.
6) If you didn't specify the songs in the correct order, you can edit the Set List to drag them to the correct position.

MSP has many, many features so there are multiple ways to achieve the same end. If you can't work out how to do something then just do as you have done - create a post. I've always found that everyone is willing to help you on this forum and you will probably also get a reply from Mike (I don't know how it manages to answer all the posts and still manage to get some programming in)

Cheers
Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6

Messages In This Thread
Missing columns other than Title - by LtB - 07-12-2021, 07:02 AM
RE: Missing columns other than Title - by LtB - 07-12-2021, 09:28 PM
RE: Missing columns other than Title - by BRX - 07-13-2021, 01:47 AM
RE: Missing columns other than Title - by LtB - 07-13-2021, 03:28 AM
RE: Missing columns other than Title - by BRX - 07-13-2021, 05:20 AM
RE: Missing columns other than Title - by Geoff Bacon - 07-13-2021, 07:15 AM
RE: Missing columns other than Title - by LtB - 07-14-2021, 07:26 AM