• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Android] Support for Androids new camera gesture control
You still have to have a callback registered to receive any kind of focus notification, regardless of the focus next or focus previous designator. There isn't a general high level callback for that that I'm aware of. You mentioned wanting MobileSheetsPro to listen for "focus_next" or "focus_previous" pedal actions, but those aren't key commands that I can listen for. They are triggering OS level focus adjustments by looking at what component currently has focus, and requesting that the next focusable component on the screen get focus. If you are viewing a song, nothing technically has focus, and even if it did, I wouldn't want the focus being changed in the app in an invisible manner. All of the actions triggered by camera switches result in undesirable behavior that I wouldn't be able to stop, other than the back button which has a special callback. I really don't think it's worth extending additional effort researching and testing to figure out if any of those would possibly work, especially as I'm trying to get the iOS version finished. If someone else with Android experience wants to run tests to see if you can hook into this in a manner that won't conflict with the normal usage of the app, that would be great. Otherwise I would rather wait until I have time and work on incorporating the facial gestures in MobileSheetsPro itself rather than relying on something external that doesn't really offer the functionality I want.

Thanks,
Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Android] Support for Androids new camera gesture control - by Zubersoft - 08-22-2021, 05:38 PM