• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting from scratch from iPad and MusicPad
So I've been using digital sheet music for probably 20 years, starting with a MusicPad Plus and most recently an iPad. Music Pad was a closed linux system and all data was kept on a flash drive. I had all my music organized by categories such as solos, etudes, excerpts, brass ensembles, etc. and that worked fine. If I wanted a solo, I went to the solo directory and got it. Same for an Etude book.

Switching to an iPad was a difficult procedure since (to me) it's not a real computer unless it has a file system, but it's just a giant phone that can't make phone calls!! Big Grin 

What I did was import (for example) all the solos and within the iPad (ForScore) put a tag on them of Solos. Then etudes, all tagged Etudes, etc. ForScore allowed me to view the entire library by tags so it "appeared" to have a file structure. By this time I have well over 5000+ files

ForScore (which is a good program except being on the giant phone...) uses PDF files, so now all my files are in PDF format. On my computer (Windows 10) I kept all those PDF files in the "iPad Backup" directory and the subfolders in that directory had the same names as the tags in ForScore (Solos, Etudes, Brass Ensembles, etc)

I have now put that entire folder on my Surface Pro (renamed to Mobile Sheets Files). From reading another post about directories and folders, if I understand it correctly I can import the entire "Mobile Sheets Files" directory and that directory structure will be visible in Mobile Sheets, so if I'm building a playlist for a gig and need one of the solos, I can go to the Mobile Sheets Solo folder and find the one I need.

Is this going to be that simple or am I missing something?

Messages In This Thread
Starting from scratch from iPad and MusicPad - by tromba - 08-29-2021, 10:48 AM