• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Repairing broken sync repository (Google drive)
(11-14-2021, 09:35 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Yes, there should be a mobilesheets.db and mobilesheets_hashcodes.txt file in the sync folder. If those files are missing, there is no way to recover the sync folder. You would have to upload everything again. The major question is what happened to those files.... Do they show up in the trash in your Google Drive account?

Mike
Thanks for your quick response!

mobilesheets_hashcodes.txt was there not mobilesheets.db. I've been adding some large pdfs to the library lately and letting them upload to the sync folder when I'm not at the computer to monitor the process. With my lousy internet, I think maybe the process was cut short and the mobilesheets.db file got lost.

I didn't lose a lot of files in the Google drive as I originally thought. More bad connection issues with listing the directory. I found a relatively recent mirror of the sync folder (with mobilesheets.db in it) on my desktop computer. I use "drive" from Google, a command line Linux tool for syncing Google drive to local computer. I was able to resync the drive folder to that mirror and then let my chromebook bring it up to date and all seems well now. Only a few of the latest files needed to be uploaded.

The missing mobilesheets.db did not show up in my Google drive trash.

John

Messages In This Thread
RE: Repairing broken sync repository (Google drive) - by jweber - 11-15-2021, 08:57 AM