• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Managing a database that is too big for my device?
I have about 5 GB of sheet music on my tablets. I have just learned the advantage of transferring music via USB drives and SyncLibrary (device) rather than the Companion app.

In my case, all tablets can do SyncLibrary as either client or server, but be careful not to sync from an empty tablet!

In my case, two out of three tablets can do BatchImport from a USB drive, but one of them cannot; it can do Import/SystemFileBrowser from a USB drive, but that is painful for more than a few files as you must select them individually (Multi-select is a long press on each one). Discussions in the forum show that other users have similar limitations, related to specific models of tablets and/or versions of AndroidOS. If your tablet cannot do Batch Import from a USB drive, a workaround is probably to put the music onto an SD card and do BatchImport from that.

I segment my music by Genre, one for each group with which I play, plus some general ones like ChamberMusic, Showtunes&Pop, and Classical (the last two are implicitly piano solos). On my Mac each Genre is a folder, and after copying to USB drive I do 12 BatchImport-s from each folder to its Genre.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Managing a database that is too big for my device? - by tjrob - 01-07-2022, 06:37 AM