• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Option to sync only the database file.
As I've said elsewhere, I don't particularly like providing options to users that can result in them having a broken library if they don't know what they are doing. You said that you don't think anyone would enable that option without knowing what it does, but I used to provide an option like that for library backups where users could only backup the database, and users would lose their library, restore their database-only backup and then get mad at me when they lost all of their song files because they chose not to back them up. I don't want to deal with angry users, so I limit the ability for users to create these scenarios. Having said that, I know there is a subset of users that would like access to these more "dangerous" options, so I will probably add some kind of "advanced user" toggle at some point that warns the user that they could potentially destroy their library if they utilize those kinds of settings. Then I could make this kind of an option available as it would be at the user's own risk. If they destroy their library, I would expect them not to come to me afterward. 

If you choose to only look for new files, then you are correct - you will not get updated annotations on any other songs in the library.

Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: Option to sync only the database file. - by Zubersoft - 01-28-2022, 04:46 AM