• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Annotations with stylus: Button tool and invisible layers
Hi,
it's been quite a time since I had a whish or problem to post here, but using the new annotation mode with my MS pen on my new Surface 8, I have two annoying little problems, which could (hopefully) be solved easily:

1. Button to change tool
In the annotation settings, you offer to change the tool using the pen's button. Great, but it would be even more useful if it would change back to the last tool if I press the button again, especially considering the preselected selection tool.

2. Draw in actively shown layer by default
It seems that annotations still often go to an invisible layer. I remember there might have been an update about this, but I'm not sure...? I mostly use the layers to make different annotations on the same piece if it is played in different bands, so normally only one layer is shown (which is how it worked before the big annotation update anyway, I even use a touch zone to skip through the layers quickly). I'm not sure if it makes sense to add annotations to an invisible layer, anyway, so I'd expect/suggest something like:
  • if there is only one layer visible, add new annotation to this layer + activate it automatically
  • if there are more than one layer visible but none is active, add to + activate the layer which was edited the last time
  • if there is no layer visible, give out a warning and don't accept new annotations

What do you think? Or is there even something like this implemented already and just does not work as it should on my machine?

Messages In This Thread
Annotations with stylus: Button tool and invisible layers - by Waldbaer - 02-14-2022, 11:41 PM