• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Backups -- how much gets backed up?
I'm not entirely clear on what you mean by "there isn't an option... to export the settings".

Is it that mobilesheets.db contains the songs and pointers to where each of the songs exists on the device, but stuff like crop settings for individual songs and setlists and whatnot are not (yet) part of that database?

If I click that button to expose the database is it going to move the existing database or will I have to start over?  (It wouldn't be the end of the world if I do have to start over, I suppose,  since I've really just got going with this anyway.)

If, either currently or eventually, mobilesheets.db contains all of the program-specific information then it would be very easy to port one's existing setup onto a new device by copying all the pdf files to the device first, then copying mobilesheets.db onto it and job done.

The only issue I can see coming out of that would be file paths.  If my pdf files on device A are at location x/y/z and the pdf files on device B are on a/b/c then there would have to be a way to update the database to correct the paths listed in the database to match the new setup.
If you're a zombie and you know it, bite your friend!
We got both kinds of music: Country AND Western

Messages In This Thread
RE: Backups -- how much gets backed up? - by Frank Cox - 04-04-2022, 04:55 AM