• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Backups -- how much gets backed up?
That's a very interesting bit of information indeed.

Thanks!

Edited to add:
Okey dokey, I've been doing a bit of experimenting here and I think I see what's going on here but if one of you fine folks who know more about this than I do could confirm my understanding I'd really appreciate it.

I made a directory in my android "home directory", set mobilesheets to expose the database and set the storage location to the directory that I had just created.  A "copying files" window showed up and when it was done I have three files in that directory: mobilesheets.db, stamplists.json and user_filters.xml.

Viewing the sqlite database I see that the pdf files are all listed with their full paths.

Google found a previous thread in the forum archive that addresses the file paths here:

https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...-7570.html

So if I understand what's going on here correctly, as of now I can archive my mobilesheets setup by copying mobilesheets.db, stamplists.json and user_filters.xml to some backup media, and if I reinstall mobilesheets on a different device in the future I can simply copy those three files to a directory on that device, "set storage location" to that directory, and run the "fix file paths" routine to update the paths in the database to match whatever the location of my sheet music directory is on the new device.

If so, then that's exactly what I was looking for.
If you're a zombie and you know it, bite your friend!
We got both kinds of music: Country AND Western

Messages In This Thread
RE: Backups -- how much gets backed up? - by Frank Cox - 04-04-2022, 07:37 AM