• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old path cached and can't be changed
Samsung tablet running MSP 3.5.0 on Android 9.

I'm trying to use the companion to add audio tracks (already on the tablet) to some PDF music files. When I select a track name in the companion, it kind of finds the right file but there is an error in the path. At some point I changed the name of one of the directories in the path to the audio files to be something more meaningful than it was and the companion is still saying the file can be found under the old path (that doesn't exist any more).

For example, the audio file imight be:

/storage/ABCD-1234/MP3s/playalong/Artist name/Album name/track01.mp3

but used to be:

/storage/ABCD-1234/MP3s/poorname/Artist name/Album name/track01.mp3

When I click '+' in the audio file editing screen and then double click the required audio file in the "From Tablet" pane it selects the file as expected but with this old, incorrect path specified. When I try to play that audio file on the tablet, it is not found, of course.

It seems the old path has been cached somewhere. I've tried restarting the tablet and the companion application to try to force an update to correct the path but this behaviour doesn't change.

I've looked in various places for a 'Refresh' option but haven't found anything that looks likely.

I'd really like to be able to do this editing in the companion as it's a lot quicker than doing so on the tablet.

Thanks for your attention, Steve.
______
SteveR

Messages In This Thread
Old path cached and can't be changed - by raichea - 04-26-2022, 01:18 AM