• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How does the syncing/storage/importing actually work?
Hi everyone! I've been using MSP since 2016, and it's really fantastic. I've used my Samsung 12.2 tab for 6 years and is now migrating to a new tablet. I have to admit that I wasn't very organized before. Now that I'm on a new tablet, I want to organize the file structure. But to do that, I have to understand first what's happening.  Wink For context, here is how I did my syncing/importing:

Scenario A: If file is from PC/laptop:
1. On PC: I drag the PDFs or images into my Google Drive
2. On Tablet: I click IMPORT > Google Drive > then import the files.
-- end of story --

Scenario B: If file is from tablet (e.g. downloaded from the net, or pictures from gallery)
1. On Tablet: I click IMPORT > Local File > then import the files.

Here are my questions:

1. As for scenario A, I can imagine that the files now exist locally in the tablet. Is this correct?
  2. As for scenario B, does the local file get copied to another "MSP" folder? (Hence, making the file exist twice in the tablet) -- If yes, can I delete the PDFs/images in tablet's gallery?
  3. With the "Sync Library > Synchronize to a cloud folder" function, is it sensitive to folder structures and filenames in the cloud? (i.e. if a file is already synced, then I transferred the same file into a different folder, or renamed it, will it be considered a new file?)

I know I can experiment around to get answers to these questions, but I'm afraid that I might mess up my whole library and can't undo. The last thing I want is to have double of everything, everywhere. lol

On another topic: How do you guys organize your library? I was thinking of creating a google drive account solely for sheet music, and that's the only folder I'll import from/sync into MSP. Would love to hear your ideas! Smile

Thanks for your patience in reading this!

Messages In This Thread
How does the syncing/storage/importing actually work? - by ilacad.erik - 05-19-2022, 10:46 PM