• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MIDI Issues problems.
Hey All, 

Hoping someone can help me. I have been a Mobilesheets Pro user for a while now, I usually just lurk in the forums here get most of my answers from reading those prior to me. I love the app. Works great, I think anyway, midi is my last real hurdle, however I am not sure Mobilesheets is the issue maybe it is but I need some help figuring it out. Maybe some suggestions. 

So first I will start with my ultimate goal and problem I am trying to solve. So I am lead guitarist in 3 bands. As you can imaging keeping all the songs in my head is rough. So I lean on Mobilesheets for my notes and lyrics etc. Now I also use a Kemper Stage for my amp and then a BOSS VE-500 for my vocal to pass though. The Kemper has a performance for every song in every band set up, what amp, what effects etc. It's kind of like set it and forget it. Now with that every single time i change songs, I have it set to send Midi command to the BOSS VE-500 so it changes it's patch to what my vocal need there. Again takes a lot of brain work and thinking playing live out of it. My ultimate goal, is to change songs on the Kemper, send MIDI to Mobilesheets and have it pull up the correct song as well. Also to be able to select the song in Mobilesheets and pull it up and send a midi signal out to the Kemper and BOSS to set them as well. This way no matter how I select the song Kemper or Mobilesheets it is all set everywhere. Can I even do this or is this a pipe dream? Also my tablet is Samsung S8+

Anyway, I have been trying to get this to work for over a month. So, I started back in November. I bought the Hotone MIDI bluetooth Foot controller. I tried and tried to get it to send any Midi to Mobilesheets. I just tried like hard coding what midi each button would send and so on. Mobile sheets would connect, disconnect, reconnect from this. Basically and into a lot of issues. 5 pin Midi to the Kemper seemed to work but just couldn't get it to work with Mobilesheets. I gave up on it. There are things I also didn't like about this controller

So doing a lot more research I picked up the XSonic Airstep. This is a much more robust controller, it can do bluetooth, USB, Passthrough or Keyboard inputs, it has 5 switchable modes and well its pretty fancy. So I figured if any controller can do it, surely this can. Ok I have been working with it for about an hour a night for 2 weeks. I am still stumped. Even more totally confused. 

So I first tried Mobile sheets it sees the Airstep via bluetooth as a midi controller, only using the google drivers. it connects. However it receives no MIDI commands. How I am determining if it is receiving MIDI is I go into MIDI Actions screen and hit the icon to listen for midi. Nothing ever happens. Except once. Last night, It was connected via bluetooth and just trying things at random. I succeeded to connect using the Google drivers, and Bluetooth and all of a sudden it started working. I was receiving midi signals and the correct ones when I clicked the footswitch buttons. I was thrilled. So, then I disconnected so I could program the footswitch to send the correct MIDI signals. When I reconnected through Mobilesheets. Nothing. I never got signals to send again. 

So I also tried USB. At this point I don't care USB Bluetooth something. I have never received a signal from USB neither from the Hotone or the Airstep. Ok Troubleshooting USB. I entered Developer mode on the tablet, I changed the default USB Connection to MIDI and I disabled the send Music out the USB port. This is a lot of Samsungs suggestions fixing Midi Issues. Still nothing. I tried all drivers. I also downloaded MIDI Master app from the play store. Supposed to just show any and all midi signals coming in from USB. It gets nothing. 

Now I can set the Airstep to be a bluetooth keyboard and that works just find controlling Mobilesheets but you get the same functionality from the an IRig controller at the fraction of a price. My dream with this Airstep is to be able to passthrough MIDI like stated but also use it to turn pages. 

Anyway, I am tapped out in just trying to get midi messages into Mobilesheets any suggestions or any help appreciated.

Messages In This Thread
MIDI Issues problems. - by JeffsRealm - 01-02-2023, 04:57 AM
RE: MIDI Issues problems. - by Zubersoft - 01-02-2023, 05:21 AM
RE: MIDI Issues problems. - by JeffsRealm - 01-02-2023, 06:25 AM
RE: MIDI Issues problems. - by stephane1m - 01-25-2023, 03:21 AM
RE: MIDI Issues problems. - by Zubersoft - 01-02-2023, 02:21 PM
RE: MIDI Issues problems. - by JeffsRealm - 01-02-2023, 03:58 PM
RE: MIDI Issues problems. - by Zubersoft - 01-02-2023, 06:08 PM
RE: MIDI Issues problems. - by JeffsRealm - 01-03-2023, 10:16 AM
RE: MIDI Issues problems. - by Zubersoft - 01-03-2023, 11:10 AM
RE: MIDI Issues problems. - by JeffsRealm - 01-08-2023, 04:39 PM
RE: MIDI Issues problems. - by Zubersoft - 01-08-2023, 06:07 PM