• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MIDI Problems.... Please help!! Thank you!
I'll try to provide some basic instructions to get you started:

1) To begin connecting your MIDI device, go to Settings->MIDI Settings->Select MIDI Devices. You should see the Korg Kronos X show up under the input and output ports. You will not see the Yamaha Motiff XF show up because you are utilizing the MIDI through on the Kronos to send it to the Yamaha. Tap the input and output ports for the Korg to connect and then tap OK. 
2) Enable "Allow Multiple MIDI channels" on the MIDI Settings screen. Now return to the library screen.
2) Long press/right click one of your songs on the library screen, tap Edit Song at the top of the screen, go to the MIDI tab, tap the + icon and then set up the patch select. You may need to consult the documentation for the keyboard in order to know what to send. The MIDI sheet for the Kronos X can be found here: https://www.korg.com/us/support/download...0/79/4593/, but it wasn't clear to me when browsing through it how to switch easily between banks and such. You can test out MIDI commands by clicking the test MIDI button on the dialog. So send a patch change with 0/0/0, then 0/0/1 and see if it changes instruments. If so, you can experiment with changing the LSB by 1 to select a different bank, and the value by 1 to select a different instrument in that bank. Sending a program change should also change the instrument in the current bank.
3) In order to send messages to the Yamaha that the Kronos will not process, you need to set the Kronos to only accept MIDI on channel 1, and configure your messages for the Kronos to be on channel 1, and the Yamaha to be sent on channel 2. The hope is that the Kronos will still forward the MIDI messages to the Yamaha even if it doesn't process them itself. Also configure the Yamaha to only receive on channel 2. Test sending patch select commands for channel 2 and see if that works.

Let me know what you find, and thanks for your kind words!

Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: MIDI Problems.... Please help!! Thank you! - by Zubersoft - 01-30-2023, 04:59 AM