• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems with Annotations with Galaxy S-Pen
Ok, I think I understand how enabling Air Actions is needed for you to get the button triggers. I would say from a user perspective, it's not very intuitive to say to turn on or off Air Actions to switch between toggle or held button behaviour, so a setting would be more obvious. But I also understand that you don't want to add settings that few people use. For me personally, I can get the behaviour I want so I have a strong opinion either way.

I've seen your posts about the difficulties in using Air Actions, but after looking at the settings I wonder if there's another way other than interpret your own pen movement. In the settings here, there are a few non-Samsung apps (Gallery and Office) that appear in the list of apps that support gestures. It seems as if there's a way to register that your app supports certain gestures so that they appear here, and maybe you receive an intent in your app.

Also, I found a couple of other (maybe) bugs:
Even knowing that if I tap the screen to get into annotate mode without lifting the pen the first tap is ignored, there are times when the first tap doesn't seem to respond - even when I never left annotate mode. I've tried reproducing it intentionally and haven't succeeded, but it happened several times during a rehearsal when I didn't have time to test it out. So I don't have a reproduction procedure, but I'll keep watching out for it.

Also, I've been trying to use the 'write in a text field' function with the pen (tap any text field with the pen and whatever you write will be converted to text with handwriting recognition), and it is a bit odd with the text annotation tool. If I tap to place a text field, the cursor changes to the write cursor which allows me to write, but unless I'm really close to the flashing cursor, it drags a box instead of writing. It's a bit clearer what I mean from this video.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Problems with Annotations with Galaxy S-Pen - by MartinH - 03-16-2023, 11:18 AM