• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Versioning
Mike, that all sounds great. I look forward to seeing how you implement it. Please let me know if I can help with testing. I'd mainly be using the first scenario. I currently achieve it by using a separate library for each version but it will simplify things greatly to have all the versions in one library. One of the benefits of having separate libraries is that it's almost impossible to accidentally switch to the wrong part. Each device has all the libraries on it but is mainly used with just one of them. What that means is that if we have a new player sitting in on say, second violin, we can just give them the second violin tablet knowing that it will already be set to the relevant library and that that player will only see second violin parts and won't easily be able to accidentally switch to the wrong parts. That's very helpful if they're not familiar with the devices or the app. It would be great to be able to keep that capability when the parts are all moved to one library, i.e. to be able to toggle a particular device to a particular role, and have that role persist through power cycles, and make it difficult to accidentally switch roles. We generally leave the filters hidden on the devices that aren't the leader so that noobs don't accidentally filter any parts out. It would be good to be able to do the same thing with the toggle for roles. Guy

Messages In This Thread
Versioning - by BRX - 03-23-2023, 02:40 AM
RE: Versioning - by Zubersoft - 03-24-2023, 07:31 AM
RE: Versioning - by Oz Cello - 03-26-2023, 05:55 PM
RE: Versioning - by otnt - 03-27-2023, 01:48 AM
RE: Versioning - by Zubersoft - 03-27-2023, 05:21 AM
RE: Versioning - by Oz Cello - 03-27-2023, 09:33 AM