• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cloud Sync Issue
Greetings,

I'm part of a barbershop chorus and would like to use MobileSheets for sheets and learning tracks. Note, I've bought MobileSheets - not using trial.

Goals:
  • Using OneDrive to host MobileSheets database in the cloud
  • One member using one computer (host) will be used to create/manage the library and sync new content to the shared OneDrive location. The OneDrive (i.e. Microsoft personal) account for this purpose has full control (read/write) over the target OneDrive folder.
  • Chorus members (consumer) will be given read only shared access to the OneDrive folder and will sync the library from the cloud to their own computer/tablet/phone. Members aren't very tech savvy, so it is preferable that members who sync the library from the cloud can't mess anything up (i.e. write to the cloud location) by selecting wrong options - I hope this setup is possible.

What I've done:
  • Create MobileSheets database on host computer (using licensed Windows app) and sync with OneDrive. No issues here - straight forward.
  • I've read the manual and it isn't clear specifically what options to select to sync from a cloud on a consumer device
  • On a consumer tablet (in the test case using licensed Windows app), "Sync Library > Synchronize to a cloud folder" then logged into OneDrive, selected the target shared OneDrive source folder.
  • At this point, it doesn't seem to matter which sync type or merge behavior, I get the error "Failed to successfully complete library merge".

Is this issue due to permissions? Specifically what sync screen settings should be checked simply to sync/update the consumer tablet with what's in the cloud?

I appreciate your time and attention in responding to this inquiry. Please let me know if additional specific details are required to assist with resolving this issue.

Messages In This Thread
Cloud Sync Issue - by phoenixone - 04-29-2023, 02:55 AM
RE: Cloud Sync Issue - by Zubersoft - 04-29-2023, 06:04 PM
RE: Cloud Sync Issue - by phoenixone - 04-30-2023, 07:18 AM
RE: Cloud Sync Issue - by Zubersoft - 04-30-2023, 08:20 AM
RE: Cloud Sync Issue - by Zubersoft - 04-30-2023, 08:54 AM
RE: Cloud Sync Issue - by phoenixone - 05-01-2023, 06:16 AM
RE: Cloud Sync Issue - by Zubersoft - 05-01-2023, 09:41 AM