• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tablet recommendation: @tab or Hannspree?
I use the Hannspree 13.3" tablet with MobileSheets and the BiliPro USB pedal. Works great! The screen is big enough to display a full page of music at essentially full size. I now have over 500 songs loaded, about half I scanned and half from the internet; total is just over 1GB (out of 13GB). The longest rehearsal I've had used less than 25% of the battery (I accompany a chorus and sometimes play in a symphony orchestra).

I am very happy with this combination, and have no major issues with it. The only issue is to be careful with the tablet's cover over its USB ports -- the only OTG adapter I have puts the cable to the right, but as I play piano the pedal must be to the left. The Hannspree's cover looks fragile and the pedal cable weighs on it; no problems in 8 months, but I worry....

I also have the Cicada BlueTooth pedal, but prefer the BiliPro. In particular the Cicada goes to sleep too quickly. During one symphony concert it slept during a movement in which I was tacet, and I barely woke it up in time for the next.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tablet recommendation: @tab or Hannspree? - by tjrob - 08-20-2014, 01:39 PM