• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to use imported Real Book in PDF?
(08-22-2014, 07:40 AM)Zuberman Wrote: You have multiple options for breaking up big PDFs:

1) You can use external programs to break up the PDF into smaller ones containing just one song. There is another forum post on this.

2) You can reuse the same file over and over by creating a song using the large PDF, then setting the page range at the bottom left of the song editor screen to a few pages (1-3 for example). Once the song is created, long press it, and select "Copy Song". Change the page range title for the next song you want in your library.

3) Create bookmarks at different page positions in the song. Then you can tap the center for the overlay, then tap on the star for bookmarks, then tap on the bookmark to skip to.

I'm still looking into other options for handling Real Book PDFs such as index files, but I just haven't had time to deal with this issue yet.

Mike

I appreciate the suggestions but I think the easiest now is to use Adobe Reader and then if I narrow down the selections for a gig I can use mobile sheets. At a jam session, selections may be called from several different real books. Ideally the songs contained in them would all be presented in alphabetical order in Mobile Sheets. Maybe someday? Thanks again.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to use imported Real Book in PDF? - by masonjar - 08-23-2014, 01:22 AM