• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hipstreet flare 9" tablet HS-9DTB4
TBH, I have never tried the USB link to Companion, although I am sure some of the other beta testers will have done so and I've seen no failure reports. I imagine Mike will also have tried this as well and wouldn't have released it f he thought there might be a problem.

As for how to get charts from the PC into Companion (and therefore to the tablet) I guess we all have our own individual ways of doing this. For myself, I load all the charts I want to move to the tablet to a specific directory on my PC's HD. I then open Companion and link to the tablet, via Wi-Fi. From the FIle | Batch Import option on Companion, I browse for the directory name and all the files in that directory are then loaded and transferred to the tablet. The whole thing is menu driven and very simple to use.

If you haven't yet done so, I suggest you read the manual - the Companion is covered from page 117 onwards - as it will answer nearly all your questions.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
The usb does not work with companion without a lot of additional stuff. I checked into it and it's way too much bother, if it even works. The usb only works when you use it with explorer, then you can drag/drop from each device since the tablet is seen as just another connected drive/storage device. If you use it this way you will need to import from where ever the drop location is on the tablet.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
The wifi connenction to the Companion works great. Unless there is a real good reason you can't use wifi, I would go that route.