• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Page going blank and not returning
I do wonder if this problem is not more a fault with the tablet's architecture than directly with MSP? I don't see complaints from owners of Samsung or other high-end tablets, for example (and I've never experienced this display problem on my P900) so it does rather beg the question.

Cheaper tablets obviously offer great value for money and I bought one myself, specifically for use with MS. However, long-term use of that tablet did reveal a few problems - in my case, the major one being the poor mechanical stability of the USB ports and the subsequent discovery that there was no way I could actually get any service from the manufacturers.

I then purchased a Samsung SM-P900 - which did, indeed, cost a lot more, but its overall performance was so much slicker that the original tablet was almost immediately demoted to backup device. I had a rehearsal today - several hours with the tablet functioning throughout all that time. A lot of loading of different charts, assembling several setlists, etc., etc., and not one glitch (other than my BT pedal failing because I had forgotten to charge its battery.

I blame myself, I am very aware of the old saying - buy cheap, buy twice Sad . Maybe there is a lesson to be learned here?
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here

Messages In This Thread
Page going blank and not returning - by gerryfitz - 05-15-2015, 11:01 PM
RE: Page going blank and not returning - by itsme - 05-16-2015, 02:43 AM
RE: Page going blank and not returning - by itsme - 05-18-2015, 07:52 AM
RE: Page going blank and not returning - by GraemeJ - 05-19-2015, 08:57 AM