• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Annotate songs specific to setlists
Thanks! I was afraid that would be the answer. I can do that, but it's clumsy and confusing. Too many songs, and the songs are the same except for the setlist notes. Multiple copies of a song then gets messy when I have annotations that apply to all setlists. So I guess what I really want is notes that are attached to the song (as they are now, so show for all setlists or just selecting the song), and notes that are attached to the setlist only (performance notes?).

I guess this is turning into a feature request!

An alternative that would work well for me, and maybe others, without changing anything about how annotations are currently handled. In fact, this might even be better for me. Leave annotations on the song as they are, but provide a way of either generating a songlist within MobileSheets, and let us annotate the song list, or provide a way of including "hot links" from a songlist in Google docs or similar to the sheet music for the songs. I usually create a songlist, and put the notes there. Then I print the songlist before a gig, and only use the tablet if I actually need to look at the sheet music. If I could display the song list with it's notes, and just tap to get the sheet music, that would be super. Sometimes the notes are very brief (e.g., 2x, me harmony) but sometimes I include notes about which of us is introducing the song and approximately what we're going to say (and the names of the people to thank!). I can do all of this now except tap to get the sheet music.

About versions: The version concept doesn't really change things for me, and might muddy the waters as I already have "true" versions: same song, different source.

I guess I'd like a way to keep track of performance versions as something distinct from song versions, i.e., not have multiple copies of a song that is the same except for performance notes.

Thanks for considering!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Annotate songs specific to setlists - by FiddlerJeanne - 02-12-2016, 03:14 AM