• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting again from a previous backup?
I had to start again with a factory reset of the tablet, re-install of the Amazon App Store and Mobilesheets (see this thread http://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum/...hp?tid=341).
I now have a Mobilesheets working again. It also connected to the PC companion first time; we'll have to see if that continues.

I then tried to get all my songs back from a previous backup (.msb file). I copied the msb file from my PC to the default files directory on the tablet removeable SD card, wirelessly via ES explorer, went to batch import, pointed to the file and hit OK. That was over an hour ago. Mobilesheets is still reporting "Performing Batch Import" and "Initialising Batch Import". The tablet keeps switching the screen off and I keep switching it back on to look but clearly nothing is happening. Have I missed something?

p.s. does an msb file have a backup of your setlists and collections?
Batch import? you don't want to perform a batch import, you want to do a library restore. It's the option right next to the backup library option.

Yes, the MSB file has a backup of setlists and collections.
(04-12-2013, 01:57 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Batch import? you don't want to perform a batch import, you want to do a library restore. It's the option right next to the backup library option.

Yes, the MSB file has a backup of setlists and collections.

Sorry but you've lost me again. I don't see a "library restore" anywhere. Certainly not next to "backup library" (on the Companion, right?) Could you be more specific, please?
You need to perform the library restore on the tablet (that feature has not been added to the companion yet). Go into MobileSheets on the tablet, then go to the Options screen->Utilities->Library restore, and load the .msb file that contains your entire library.
(04-12-2013, 08:17 AM)Zuberman Wrote: You need to perform the library restore on the tablet (that feature has not been added to the companion yet). Go into MobileSheets on the tablet, then go to the Options screen->Utilities->Library restore, and load the .msb file that contains your entire library.
I'm very sorry but I can't see Options screen->Utilities->Library restore. I have searched on every screen, tapping on every likely location and have yet to find it.

When I start Mobilesheets I get a screen with the icons Recent, Songs, Artists, Albums, Genres, Setlists and Filters along the bottom. At the top of every screen. in the banner stripe there is a down arrowhead in a circle. If I tap on that, I get a strip of boxes with icons that read from left to right: Add Song, Batch Import, Setlists, Collections, Sync to PC, Voice Search and Manual. None of them leads to "utilities".

I've searched the manual pdf for library, options and restore and can't find anything relevant. You mention "main library screen" in the manual quite often. I'm not sure what this is. None of my screens is titled "library". Do you mean "Songs"?

In the "songs" screen I also have some icons in the top right corner. There are the "+" , "spanner", " 2sheets/collection editor", "?" and the "PC screen". None of them leads to "utilities".

I'm getting a sense of 'deja vu'. Could it be like with the media player that I don't have an "Options" screen, "Utilities" or "library restore"?
The buttons at the bottom (Recent, Songs, Artists, Albums, Genres, Setlists, Filters) can be dragged to the left (by swiping them to the left) which should reveal the 'Options' button.
Further to my previous post, I read in the manual page 59 that the Hammer/Wrench button should take me to the "settings screen" . If I tap on the Hammer/Wrench button (from the Song Editor, which is the only place I have seen this icon. Are there other places?) all I get is the "Set Copy Options", nothing more.

Meanwhile, back to looking for the "option button" (right facing wrench/spanner) and the "main library screen"..............

(04-12-2013, 06:12 PM)cdawe55 Wrote: The buttons at the bottom (Recent, Songs, Artists, Albums, Genres, Setlists, Filters) can be dragged to the left (by swiping them to the left) which should reveal the 'Options' button.
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I would never have got there without this pointer.
(04-12-2013, 06:29 PM)fausto Wrote: Further to my previous post, I read in the manual page 59 that the Hammer/Wrench button should take me to the "settings screen" . If I tap on the Hammer/Wrench button (from the Song Editor, which is the only place I have seen this icon. Are there other places?) all I get is the "Set Copy Options", nothing more.

Meanwhile, back to looking for the "option button" (right facing wrench/spanner) and the "main library screen"..............

(04-12-2013, 06:12 PM)cdawe55 Wrote: The buttons at the bottom (Recent, Songs, Artists, Albums, Genres, Setlists, Filters) can be dragged to the left (by swiping them to the left) which should reveal the 'Options' button.
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I would never have got there without this pointer.

fausto,

It sounds like you might have a tablet with a smaller or lower resolution screen, and all 8 buttons (Recent, Songs, Artists, Albums, Genres, Setlists, Filters and Options) aren't appearing. cdawe55 pointed out that you can slide the button row over if it's only showing the first 7 buttons, so that you can see the right-most button (however, I can't confirm this behavior because my screen is large enough). Another option I can suggest is to turn the tablet sideways (assuming you don't have your orientation locked) and all of the buttons should appear.

The hammer/wrench icon mentioned on page 59 of the manual (hmm, it's actually on page 58 of my manual; perhaps you have an older one?) is the one from the Overlay screen (the screen you reach when you tap on a song while viewing it).

By the way, I just noticed that in the entire manual, there isn't a single screenshot of the "main library" screen (the one you see when you first fire up the app), with the buttons at the bottom. If you go to the Google Play Store ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...bilesheets ) they have a screen shot, so you can see the Options button (however, you'll notice that the Filters button is missing, and the Sync button at the top looks different. This is a screenshot of an older version of the app.)

I hope this helps.
(04-13-2013, 09:10 PM)Snard Wrote:
(04-12-2013, 06:29 PM)fausto Wrote: Further to my previous post, I read in the manual page 59 that the Hammer/Wrench button should take me to the "settings screen" . If I tap on the Hammer/Wrench button (from the Song Editor, which is the only place I have seen this icon. Are there other places?) all I get is the "Set Copy Options", nothing more.

fausto,

It sounds like you might have a tablet with a smaller or lower resolution screen, and all 8 buttons (Recent, Songs, Artists, Albums, Genres, Setlists, Filters and Options) aren't appearing. cdawe55 pointed out that you can slide the button row over if it's only showing the first 7 buttons, so that you can see the right-most button (however, I can't confirm this behavior because my screen is large enough). Another option I can suggest is to turn the tablet sideways (assuming you don't have your orientation locked) and all of the buttons should appear.

The hammer/wrench icon mentioned on page 59 of the manual (hmm, it's actually on page 58 of my manual; perhaps you have an older one?) is the one from the Overlay screen (the screen you reach when you tap on a song while viewing it).

By the way, I just noticed that in the entire manual, there isn't a single screenshot of the "main library" screen (the one you see when you first fire up the app), with the buttons at the bottom. If you go to the Google Play Store ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...bilesheets ) they have a screen shot, so you can see the Options button (however, you'll notice that the Filters button is missing, and the Sync button at the top looks different. This is a screenshot of an older version of the app.)

I hope this helps.

Very helpful yes. Thanks.